In this introductory video course, you will receive a set of 11 videos:
1. Introduction to Meditation: This video introduces you to what meditation is and what it is not, and it dispels a number of myths about meditation. (9:28)
2. Posture: This video provides a number of tips on posture for developing a meditation practice. (8:12)
3. Breath Meditation: This is an introduction to concentration meditation, where you place your attention on a specific object, in this case, the breath. (23:11)
4. Awareness Meditation: This video introduces you to vipassana, or awareness meditation, where you place your attention on whatever arises in the mind. (20:29)
5. Lovingkindness Meditation: This video introduces you to metta (lovingkindness), a contemplative practice that cultivates your heart's capacity to be kind and generous to others. (19:27)
6. Gratitude & Abundance Meditation: This guided meditation will help you to see all the abundance you have in your life and develop a sense of appreciation for what you have, not for what's missing. (18:12)
7. Body Scan Meditation: This guided meditation brings your awareness to different parts of your body, cultivating a deep sense of relaxation. (24:32)
8. Grounding Meditation: This guided meditation uses creative imagery to help you connect with the ground, and to cultivate a sense of rootedness and stability. (18:14)
9. Intuition Meditation: This guided meditation uses creative imagery to help you connect with your own inner source of wisdom, and to cultivate a sense of truth and peace about questions in your life. (15:23)
10. Divine Light Meditation: This guided meditation uses creative imagery and energy healing to help bring a powerful healing light into your mind and body, allowing you to feel a deeper connection with the universe, Source, Spirit or God (however that might be defined for you). (18:27)
11. Maintaining Your Practice: This video provides some tips for overcoming certain obstacles and challenges and for maintaining your practice over time. (8:41)
This provides you with a complete basic course of meditation that will
(1) promote your capacity to be with your emotions and feel a sense of balance; (2) cultivate profound levels of relaxation, gratitude, and trust; and (3) deepen your own inner wisdom and connection with the universe.
Introduction to Meditation Course
You are permitted to download one copy for your private use. You are not permitted to provide copies to others, whether by directing sending the files or uploading them to another site and providing a link.